Still heading South!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Nazca
June 15th 2009
Published: June 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Chicken anyone?Chicken anyone?Chicken anyone?

One of many treats you can purchase walking down the street of Nazca.
We booked a trip to visit the Cantallo aqueducts, an Inca archeological site, and some Nazca Lines. We were going to take a flight to see the Nazca Lines by air which is the best way to see them, but Macayla did not want to get into such a small plane. The Nazca Lines are spread across around 500 sq. kilometers of arid desert. These lines form over 800 lines, 300 geoglyths, and 70 biomorphs. We were able to see Cerro Blanco, the world´s highest sand dune at 2,078 meters. The aquaducts were pretty amazing, probably because they were made so long ago. I believe the guide said that they date back to 350 BC. They are still used today and farmers continue to work together to keep them in working order. The Inca ruins were pretty run down. It is too bad that anyone can go in and walk all over them and steal stones from the original structure.
After the tour, we were unable to book anything else, so we have been waiting around for our bus to Arequipa that does not leave until 10 pm. We will arrive in Arequipa at 7 am. There are many things to
Nazca SkylineNazca SkylineNazca Skyline

Pretty scenery.
do in Arequipa and we are really looking forward to this next destination.
I tried to download pictures again today but still have not had any luck. Hopefully tomorrow will be the day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Walk On InnWalk On Inn
Walk On Inn

Macayla in front of the hostal.
Andes MountainsAndes Mountains
Andes Mountains

We are finally getting close to the mts.
AquaductAquaduct
Aquaduct

One of many.
Another aquaduct.Another aquaduct.
Another aquaduct.

Macayla inside.
Cactus a-plentyCactus a-plenty
Cactus a-plenty

This cactus is a crop they grow for the fruit it produces.
RuinsRuins
Ruins

More ruins that look the same after awhile.


Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb