Playing 'Stefan-Paul'


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Nazca » Nazca
March 8th 2016
Published: March 8th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Last night's visit to my Trip Advisor recommended Pizza Boulevard was an experience; three pizzas ordered and three pizzas remaining on the table when we left. Good learning to only go with recommendations that have +50 review to avoid any owner influence.
Up early again, so Cas finished Harry Potter book one and started the first chapter of book two.
I was a bit peckish so had one of my treats, which are Percy Pigs. There is enough for one a week and two for two weeks, of course I might not be able to ration myself.
The combination of baking hot room, hard bed and that cock-a-doodle-do-ing has led Cas to make some changes to future accommodation, to add some more hotels with either air con or a pool so that we can cool down.
Today's breakfast novelty from Nancy's kitchen was a sort of chicken coleslaw. I was the only one to eat it as Cas has now joined the Upset Tummy Gang. Ed is very happy he bought Marmite as we were able to get some toast from the old lady who ran the kitchen.
Hat was out of sorts this morning. A combination of an upset tummy, reduced sleep and food and no routines. It's to be expected that we'll all need a period of readjustment to this new lifestyle.
We looked into taking a bus to a lookout tower at Mirador to see the Nazca Lines. These are massive ancient geoglyphs carved into the floor of a desert plan of things such as a bird, a monkey, a frog etc. In the end, the kids temperament led us to switch things about and instead we bought a day visit to a nearby hotel so that we could spend the day by a pool. We've taken turns playing 'Stefan-Paul', our distinctly Athenian inspired renaming of the 'Marco Polo' pool game.
Cas and I were so busy planning, booking and organising the whole trip that we haven't actually given any real thought to what we'll actually do in each place. No doubt that this will come to us as we all get into the rhythm of travelling.
Later, we have a 10pm overnight bus heading to Arequipa. We'll stock up on a big meal and water beforehand after our recent starvation journey.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0878s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb