Nasca lines


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Nazca » Nazca Lines
October 24th 2011
Published: November 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Tue 25

We arrived to Nasca after a sleepless night on the bus. I had been given the very important duty of looking after the piece of paper that had the hostel name and adress on it...but low and behold i had managed to lose it! Wouldlosehisheadifitwasn'tscrewedonLAD. Hayley thought she remembered the name of the street it was on and we headed up there looking for any hostel names that we could remember. We finally (luckily) arrived at the hostel we had booked, checked in and had a nap.

We awoke around 1pm and got a bus out to see the Nasca lines. We knew before hand that we couldn't afford a flight over the Nasca lines so we had decided to climb up the lookout tower instead.

The lookout tower let us see two of the smaller Nasca lines ('the TreeĀ“ and the 'HandsĀ“). Even though Peru raves about the Nasca lines as a national heritage sight and it is protected by UNESCO blah blah blah we could see tyre tracks from cars all over the precious lines! It seems nothing is safe or precious in this country. After the lookout tower we walked 1km up the road to another lookout on a hill that let us see some of the other Nasca lines. After a short time looking at the Nasca lines we got bored and headed home.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb