Peru continued


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Ica
June 3rd 2009
Published: June 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post


27/05/09
Today we are having a more leisurely day as we wait for our bus to paracas at 2:00.
Got onto the internet and started of learn some Spanish so as to have a better understanding of what is going on around me. I would highly recommend learning some Spanish before you come here, it will make your trip enjoyable and you are less likely to be ripped off.
Went to the bus which was delayed by 45 min which is not too bad as they made up the time anyway. On the bus we met a Peruvian man who was very helpful and turned out of be the owner of the hostel where the bus stopped called Zarcilo paradise Stay here they had the first hot showers I had in a week, even better than New York and 35 soles each. It also has its own quay so if you are going to the Isle de ballistas there is no need to rush in the morning and the boat has less people so the whole experience was great.
We chose to get an alternative transport to go to the National Reserve, Don’t do this! Get the tour bus from the hotel and speak-lo Luis at Zarcillo Connections next to where Cruz Del Sol stops in Paracas
The bus trip was quite good with a nice lunch of creamed chicken and rice which included in the price of the ticket made it very reasonable.
After arriving at paracas we quickly went out and had a look around town only to find that we were not that hungry and so just had a walk around and then walked back to our hotel only to find that the road to the hostel was under construction and we had to take a diversion down some back road where if, was in SA. I would have had some serious fire power with me.

28/05/09
Woke up early for the trip to the Isle de ballistas had a basic breakfast that was not too happy to eat as I was feeling a little ill.
We then boarded the boat and headed out, first stopping to look at the candelabra that are not known as of their origin just that it was first seen in 1820. started lo see quite a few birds and to notice a peculiar smell. On arrival at the islands we were immediately hit by the smell of millions of Foul living on such a small area. The bird life was amazing as well as the Penguins and the Sea lions, but after a while the smell does get to be a lot. Our Guide was very knowledgeable and I think we got a good deal. Returned to our hotel for the Pick up to go to the Nature Reserve and book our next bus tickets.
If you go to the afore mentioned hostel, they are also the agents for CRUZ DEL SUR So-they will be able to sort out the tickets for you.
Coot into the Private car to be surprised that we were not the only ones in the car and there was another couple, but they were lovely, a man who was a guide at Machu Pitchu and at 88 still very fit and his daughter. To cut a long story short get the tour bus everything is included and the guide speaks English.
Personally the reserve was rather dirty and unkempt but there were some lovely views and the highlight was definitely the seafood meal we had for lunch.
Afterwards back to the hotel where we were
Me againMe againMe again

I love Orange
waiting for the bus that was delayed, but Carey and Shirley were there, whom we met on the boat trip so we quickly passed the time.
Our bus finally arrived an hour late and off one went to Paracas a short hour drive. However the bus was not of the same std as the one from Lima to Ica.

Beer Blog- Had two beers today
Cusquena -a lovely light beer, golden in colour with a refreshing sweet taste, very easy drinking, and crisp.
Zenda -Very light beer with a slight malt taste and very little flavour. Drink for the liquid or alcohol content but not for enjoyment.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 39; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb