Subject To Change


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Huacachina
April 3rd 2008
Published: April 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So after finishing off my last blog i made myself a massive 6 egg omlette (with vegggies so my mum does not worry...lol)which was scrummy if i do say so myself and then followed up doing a pub quiz in the bar of the hostel, i joined a team called as good as it gets and this team consisted of me, a peruvian guy,a Candian girl and two Dutch couples.

It was fun and we ended up third, im afraid no prize for best third place finish but all proceeds went to help street kids, after the quiz i went to get some kip as i was tired, i always seem to be tired must be this constant moving on.

The plan was to go to pisco the next morning, but plans can and will change.

So i got up and showered and filled up on breakfast to keep me going on the bus to Pisco and then i had heard reports that pisco is not cheap, is a mess from last years earth quake and the is only a boat tour to do their and you see sealions,flamigos and cormants and i have seen these in patagonia.

So i spoke to the cool Irish guy behind reception and he sugested best to head to Huacachina and i had planned to go their anyway, so id just head there earlier, i checked out and left my stuff in the room and went to get more cash out. i then came back and packed up, although dumbass that i am i forgot to back my washbag.

So i got a taxi to the souzy bus terminal and got on the 10.30am bus to Ica and on the bus i rembered the wash kit but it was too late, anyway i have spare tolitetries in my rucksack so problem solved, not so great to lose my wash bag but not a total losss.

The bus stopped everywhere and i got to Ica gone 3pm, i was lead to belive it was a 4 hour bus journey and i had finished my book so i need to swap with someone. I got a Taxi to Hucachina for 5 soles which is about 1 pound, i checked into a hostel called the Casda Arena, it seemed ok as hostels go and had a pool and i went for the cheapest option which is an 18 bed dorm. I then discovered that they had a 4pm dune buggy tour and sandboarding trip for 40 soles and the deal was that the dorm would go down to 10 soles a night if you did the trip and well the point of coming here was to do the buggy and boarding and so i went for it.

I got chatting with these US guys Sam and Mark and i ended up going with them and a bunch of Isralei travelers and it was awesome fun and i hit one bump and lost my sun glasses and so thats another casulty of my trip.....lol, i spoke to this Isralei guy and he has been traveling 6 months and is on to his third camera and has toliteries stolen, so mine is not a total hard luck story....lol.

We saw an awesome sunset over the dunes and boarded about 7 dunes and drove around quite awhile and it was well worth the time and money and id recommend it.

We ggot back and i went and eate out with sam and mark and we chatted and had a few beer and then back to the hostel and they shared there wine with me.

Im still here at the hostel, yesterday before meeting Mark and sam i had considered moving on to Arequipa with a pitstop at the Nascar lines. However i may stay here another day or two to save cash and chill out. The room is cheap but you have to pay for breakkie though and the are no supermarkets so its eating out, but i think i cna balance the budget and i hear the are hostels in arequipa for 10 soles anight, so i may spend a little time there before heading to cusco.

Adios amigos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb