Inka dink a lotta of Inca


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Sacred Valley
May 30th 2014
Published: June 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

When I woke up this morning the hotel was empty . Gone were my fellow travelers - their goal? the Inca Trail . My only tourmate for the next 3 days was Melanie and we had lots of plans. There were museums and a church and a palace some shops and a few more markets to see. After the Inca Museum billed as the best museum in Cusco ( it even had flutes playing while we toured) and the Cacao museum the palace the cathedral and all the shops we had lunch on a main square balcony. Later lucky enough to catch the parade of costumed dancers we ate dinner once again overlooking Plaza del Armas.

The next day was more plans to see the area. We climbed into a SUV with freshly cleaned windows and drove through the mountains and into the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Our guide Jovanna told stories of her ancestors who built the most beautiful terraces in the most important archaeological sights under the leadership of the most greatest Inca. Her passion for the story invigorating we wanted to know more. We asked questions as we drove into the valley to see the sights. One had a small Inca trail and we thought of our friends and loved ones on the trail. At another there was 400 steps and 1000 more altitude and another with beautiful textile traditions. ( yea we bought some!)

Tomorrow we will travel to Macchu Picchu the modern way Trains cars and buses. Nothing like the others camping on the trail.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0845s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb