Tamboapata Peruvian Amazon


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Manu National Park
August 7th 2020
Published: August 7th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Located in a part of Peru that doesn’t have a lot of traffic, the Tambopata Amazon has some untouched territory and natural wonders you must see at some point in your lifetime.

If you want to take a tour of the Manu Peru or Tambopata Amazon in Peru, you will need to prepare ahead of time because it can get confusing. You can find a lot of misleading information on the internet about this area of Peru, including tours and lodging. It's important to know before you go so you don’t become disappointed.

Tambopata

Tambopata is one of the best Amazonian regions to visit in Peru. Known as one of the provinces located in the Amazonian state of Madre de Dios, Tambopata is made up of a river and a natural reserve. When you arrive there, you will want to first visit the Tambopata Natural Reserve to familiarize yourself with the layout of the land. The reserve is over 1,061 square miles and contains a brilliant combination of habitat diversity never seen before. The reserve has more than one thousand species of butterflies. There are over six hundred species of birds. You will also see over one hundred species of mammals there too. You will want to take in all that this reserve has to offer.

Living in the Tambopata

There are indigenous people who have made their homes in the rainforest section of Peru. There are three communities around the reserve. Over the last few years, the expeditions taken to this part of the world have decreased tremendously. The communities here are skilled fishermen, hunters, and farmers who know how to take care of themselves and their families without creating trouble in the reserve. Farming includes harvesting items such as papaya and cacao as well as pineapples. Those living here have grown accustomed to being near the reserve and in this type of climate. They have made the most of it too.

Traveling to Tambopata

If you are interested in coming over to Peru, you will want to figure out your means of travel. Flights are a common means of travel coming in about three times each day. While Tambopata does have its changes in season, it is not like what the other countries around the world see. Rain can fall at any time and there is nothing you can do about it. The rain falls a lot in January and February of each year however you normally don’t become rained out of anything.

If you visit the area during a dry season, you won’t have to alter your activities or your plans too much. If you want to see the habitat of the macaws, then you will want to visit between December and February. This is when they want to nest. There are other reasons to pick a season that you want to visit the Tambopata and for whatever reason you have, it’s a good one.



There are many places to go and see while you are visiting this area of the world. Make a list of things you want to accomplish while you are there and see if you can add them all in before you leave.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb