May 22nd - 23rd


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Machu Picchu
May 26th 2014
Published: May 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The morning came with rain, and it never really stopped all day. You can bet that we were glad we had changed our plans. We got a slow start and helped the crew take down the tents, although it happened that our guide was still in his tent when two of us collapsed his tent. Everyone was in hysterics; I don't think that his crew had ever seen that happen. We drove to our starting point and unloaded the gear. We needed lunch first and then the gear would go on the train to meet us in Aguas Calientes. It was pouring rain, but our cook managed a huge meal again. We then said good bye to them as this was their last job of the journey. The walk in the rain was easy and still beautiful. The mountains are a bit more rugged here and there is an incredibly powerful river roaring beside you all the way. I enjoyed it even though we were soaked. We arrived in town to a stay at a hostel where we could have hot showers and grab a beer. We went to bed early, because the morning was another early wake up so we had ample time in Machu Pichhu.

We had a quick light breakfast and then jumped on a bus to the site. Mike's expertise inInca culture really shone here. He gave us an incredible tour, with fascinating information. We even had a couple ask to join us because they had over heard his explanations. Machu Pichu is everything that you work up towards. This city on the top of mountains is beautiful, profound, symbolic and mind blowing. We had light rain and then clearing, so we saw mountains wreathed in clouds. Every sight was mythical. We learned more about Pachimamma, more about the construction of the Inca sites. We talked about the values of love, work and learn, the most important virtues for the Incas. We promised to practice reciprocity in our lives as the Incas practiced. My year was aimed at coming to Machu Pichhu, which could have meant that the end didn't meet the expectations. Instead, every step of the way has been incredible, and Machu Pichhu only added to the journey. Peru will never leave me now.

Good Night and Sweet Dreams


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb