Machu Picchu


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Machu Picchu
July 14th 2011
Published: July 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello!

We are still in Peru. Today, we woke up in Cusco EXTREMELEY early in the morning to get on a 4 hour train to Machu Picchu. About halfway through the train ride, the Thompsons (our great friends from London) boarded, but unfortunateley we were not allowed to move between carriages to see them because the trains were like those from the wild west and we would have surely fallen through to our young deaths.

Once we arrived to Machu Picchu, we met up with the Thompsons and our tour guide Jorge- pronounced Horgheh. Then we started our hike. It was quite a long and steep walk, but was definiteley worth it. We have seen many Inca ruins so far, but this was definiteley the most impressive and preserved of all. As we made our way to the top, we passed an entire empire of magnificent structures and breathtaking vegetation, such as many vines and gorgeous flowers.

When we finally reached the top, though, all other scenes were washed from our minds. We were looking out on to the most magical, magnificent and truly memorable ruins we had ever, or will ever see. We walked through the city and marvelled at the presice cutting of the stones, the accuracy, and of course the design.

After we arrived to the bottom, we all had a big lunch and then arrived at our hotel, Inkaterra. Me (Alicja), Emma, Jas, Patrick, Tosia and Zoe immediately went swimming in the jacuzzi and tried to dip into the freezing cold ´swimming pool´ (aka icy pond).

After a loveley dinner celebrating Anjula´s birthday, we are going to go to sleep now.

Adios,

- The Lost Tribe


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb