Hitting our stride!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Inca Trail
May 5th 2014
Published: June 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

After our routine morning delivery of coca tea to our tent, we packed up our stuff for another day. The morning sunrise cannot be expressed in words!!

"Having made it over the 2 passes yesterday we're now treated to a relaxing day through some of the most beautiful scenery the Inca Trail has to offer. With a relatively short distance to cover along what is known as Inca Flat (gentle ascents and descents) we get to enjoy the lush and verdant cloud forest around us and the spectacular views of the Andes in the distance. With visits to 2 Inca sites (Phuyupatamarca and Winay Wayna) this is by far one of the most impressive days of the trek. Our campsite for tonight is at Winay Wayna (2680m / 8792ft) which we will arrive to be early afternoon and get to have an extended guided tour of once we have settled in."

It's all downhill from here. It's actually a descent into Machu Picchu, and we're not hiking a great distance. I couldn't help but stop along the way to take one picture after another of the gorgeous wildflowers. How amazing to be up in the clouds! ...and sharing the path with the llamas.

Eddy, our LlamaPath guide, always passed along interesting information about the culture and nature, but sitting atop Winay Wayna, he passionately lectured on the Inca civilization...quite fascinating, inspiring really.

Another amazing meal. We recognized the porters and cook for their excellent attention to details that enhanced our trekking experience.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0808s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb