FACES OF PERU...Fawcett Exploration...In search of Lost Cities.


Advertisement
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
January 27th 2016
Published: January 27th 2016
Edit Blog Post

FACES OF PERU...Fawcett Exploration...In search of Lost Cities. When I was about 10 or 11, I read a picture book about a guy named Percy Fawcett who was the first man to survey the border between Peru, Brazil & Bolivia. Not like my heroes...Superman, the Phantom, the Justice League, Lion & Eagle magazines, Shintaro & the Ninjas on TV. He was real. A 20th century man. Yet his adventures were t... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 133, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




27th January 2016
In Search of Lost Cities

face
What a great expression on the face!!!!!!! And a pretty cool haircut ;-). Love the shot.
28th January 2016
In Search of Lost Cities

face
Unusual for me to have an animal face to intro a portrait blog but considering the subject, uniqueness and yes, the expression, a Peruvian dog sort of seemed appropriate. Thanks Nina & Markus.
28th January 2016

Wonderful
Didn't know about Fawcett, at least mot much beside the name, but then again, this part of the worlds wasn't my priority. Love the info. And ah, had similar dreams when being a child. Great blog. Great pics.
28th January 2016

Wonderful
Fawcett is one of the 20th Century's greatest explorers. But how many remember him as he died 90 years ago? Glad you took the time to read the info and check out the pics Peter. Childhood dreams can become more than dreams if one steps out to do so. Hope you share yours one day.
28th January 2016

Just don't get lost in the jungle!
Because I don't want to be looking for you bones 90 years from now ;)
29th January 2016

Just don't get lost in the jungle!
I've been lost in many places Ralf. Kinda concerned it be in the jungle one day...but what kinda adventurer would I be if millions of biting insects put me off? If you'd come searching in less than 90 years...maybe maybe.
29th January 2016

Very interesting!
I knew very little of Fawcett which is a shame, such a great man and his endevours should not be forgotten. Thank you for this. :)
29th January 2016

Very interesting!
Of all my Peru blogs this is the must read Per-Olof. I agree Percy Fawcett should not be forgotten. Check out the book Exploration Fawcett. It is quite an eye-opener.
29th January 2016

Marvelous
In search of lost cities, influenced by great mean and young minds. Love the background information and as was said, "you need have no fear of any failure". Love your up close and personal photos.
29th January 2016

Marvelous
Thanks MJ. Up close and personal is where we get to meet so many wonderful people when we travel. When one travels with a smile it's easy to get one back. Even for portraits one must have no fear of failure or the subject may not connect with the camera.
29th January 2016

Jewels
Denise may need to go shopping again.
29th January 2016

Jewels
Guessed right MJ. This one is Denise's. The others are mine!
29th January 2016
Ollantaytambo

Beautiful faces
Fantastic
29th January 2016
Ollantaytambo

Beautiful faces
Peru was awash with beautiful faces. Beautiful country, beautiful people, beautiful faces...kinda follows.
5th May 2016

Awesome blog - what about the dog!!
Wow I never knew any of this fascinating Dave! - were there other dogs there that looked like that?
5th May 2016

Awesome blog - what about the dog!!
Glad you checked this out Cindy. A photo of the alien looking Peruvian dog (gotta be the ugliest dogs I've ever seen...but the Peruvians love them!) to catch your eye...then to discover one of the 20th Century's greatest explorers, Percy Fawcett. The book Exploration Fawcett from Percy's diaries by his son Brian is an incredible read.

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 21; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0698s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb