Back in Cusco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
August 25th 2011
Published: August 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Got back to cusco the early hours of this morning after the rancid trek. i spent a lot of the 4 days on a hrse who i named sebastian. we reached the hightest point on the salkantay trek on the second day but my toe is really hideous so it was hard for me to walk.
We finished the trek with a 4 hour walk on my birthday which was really boring as it was just along a railway track. In the morning everyone decorated where we had breakfast with ballns and ribbons and the cooks made me a cake and i opened my cards and presents from my mm, thomas, martin and jean and the group. When we finished the trek we had a really nice hotel with a hot shower. later on when we gathered the energy we went for a meal. there was a band playing in the restaurant and everyone ended up dancing and they played happy birthday.
After tea a group of about 12 of us went to a kareoke bar and just as we were leaving ralph and mr smith arrived and joined in which was funny. We had to go home at half 10 though because we were meeting at 4.45 in the morning for machu picchu. Machu Picchu was really nice but really misty so we couldnt see very much, it cleared later in the day.
Now we are back in Cusco and we are going to see a Paul Mccartney tribute at the pub down the road tonight and we are catching a flight to Lima tomorrow, then spending a day there becfore setting off to Newark. Hopefully we will be able to catch our plane this time!!
Kirsty
xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb