We made it!!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
June 3rd 2011
Published: June 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Video title 28 secs
Buenos dias de Cusco! After a jet lagged night in Lima, we are thrilled to be in the ancient city of Cusco, far from all the chaos a huge third world city like Lima generates. We booked the perfect hotel in Lima, though, tucked within it's own garden walls to distract from noise and hustle of the city. We also had our first Peruvian meal at the hotel, Aji de Gallena, (which was delicioso!) shredded chicken in a gravy-cream- like sauce, complemented with fried potatoes with cheese in the middle and white rice.

Our apartment in Cusco couldn't be more perfect. Check out the photos on the hotel's site http://quinua.com.pe/english.php or watch the video we posted. We're staying in the Taripay Wasi room first, then the Pukara Wasi room at the end of our trip. The hotel site was originally incan ruins that were excavated in 2005, and one of the original stone walls remains in the courtyard.

So far, no altitude sickness. The coca tea seems to be working!

Justin's Section for Blog Entry;
Coca Tea is Coca-licious. I can't wait to cut some baking soda with the Coca Leaves and make some Coca-Crack.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb