First days in Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
July 8th 2007
Published: July 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Lima HostelLima HostelLima Hostel

First night in Peru
Well I made it to Peru . I met up with two of my classmates in Lima on Friday night and we got a hostal in the Miraflores district, a new suburban neighborhood on the bluffs of the Pacific Ocean. Lima was a bit gloomy but we found plenty of things to do. Went out to dinner and had our first Pisco Sour´s (pisco is similar to brandy, then mixed with sugar and whipped with an egg) and had some South American steak. We then got up at 3:30am Saturday morning to catch our flight to Cuzco. Upon arrival at our dorms we had numerous cups of coca leaf tea to deal with the altitude sickness (Cuzco sits at 11,000´). We were then served lunch which is a sit down 3 course meal, which along with our dinners, will be everyday during our stay. We all felt extremely spoiled by the hospitality. My roommate and another classmate then went exploring Cuzco. It´s the oldest continuously inhabited city in South America and it is very apparent. The cobble stone streets and stone buildings are amazing. The Inca women dressed in full garb are something you´d see in story book. There are also many alpaca (similar to a llama) in the streets. We will be attending the Virgen del Carmen festival in Pisac in a few days, hopefully I´ll have another posting up after that. Besos.

The pictures are only 1 days´ worth, plenty more to come.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Inca PuertaInca Puerta
Inca Puerta

My roommate David standing in our doorway. Peruvians are a bit short.
Shoe ShineShoe Shine
Shoe Shine

Gotta keep their Air-Force Ones white.


9th July 2007

Thanks for the update
Thanks for the update and pictures, I'll forward them to Granny. Learn lots! It's going to be 105 degrees here today!
10th July 2007

GIFTS
Did you bring any "trinkets" to give to the children? I hope so...meant to mention it to you...looking forward to talking with you this eve.Love, Mom
11th July 2007

Coca
Dont forget to use latex, not alpaca skin... Brady

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb