Goodbye Cusco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
January 25th 2007
Published: January 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone! We´re at the airport waiting for the flight back to Lima. We can´t wait to get down from these mountains. Tying shoes takes your breath away. We will miss all the local people and the alpacas and all the Inca walls which are everywhere. The bad Spanish conquerors took apart most of the Inca sites and used them to build their churches. Most of the buildings in Cusco used the Inca walls as foundations so you can find the remains of the city everywhere in pieces. We went to the main cathedral in the Plaza de Armas, it was pretty cool especially all the work done by the poor Incas. Amazing wood carvings, paintings. It´s weird because its all very religious pieces but done by the local Incas. So you can see a part of them in the artwork.

Then we visited more Incan ruins in even higher altitude. It´s amazing the precision of their work in stone, to this day it cannot be replicated. We then hiked a km to the temple of the water and finally we were brave enough to try their corn, the corn kernels are huge, yummy and are great if you don´t have floss because unlike ours it doesn´t stick. At night we had some bad italian food and went to a museum. We arrived at the museum at nine, it was awesome. We were the only ones walking through the rooms that exhibited cool Inca artifacts. Ok. We´re off to Lima!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1178s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb