Puno to Cusco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco » Cusco
August 19th 2013
Published: August 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

19 Aug Day 7: Puno - Cusco

We were picked up at 6:30 this morning and taken to a coach for the trip to Cusco, arriving at 5:00 pm on the dot. We were told when we got on the coach it would 5:00 pm. Liz was clock watching and picked up the fact that it was exactly on time.

It was just as well we had some-one who knew what they were doing in the driver who picked us up and dropped us at the bus station. He got all the right stamps and so on added to the tickets. From there it was off to Cusco the ancient Inca capital. This is one of the most spectacular road journeys in the world as we travelled right along the spine of the Andes and is an amazing experience as we stopped off at several sites of interest along the way. It broke up. the trip.

We were then taken to our hotel, Hotel Marquees, which in itself is mind blowing. It is just off the main square at the heart of Cusco and is a genuine Spanish building.

We had dinner at an Irish restaurant and met two girls, one from Packenham and the other from Wheelers Hill.

Pen stayed packed away today so no mischief.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



20th August 2013

Loving the blog
You are doing a great job of sharing your South American adventure with all of us back home. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date with your travels.
20th August 2013

Loving the Blog
Thanks for that. I can't believe how much time you must put into it!
22nd August 2013

Like your headgear
Sounds like a moving adventure
22nd August 2013

Headgear
Thought you'd appreciate it.

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb