Cusco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco » Cusco
August 16th 2011
Published: August 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Just got back from the project phase. It wasnt quite as i expected as there was absolutely no running water so no showers and no toilets, just a hole in the ground.
We didnt end up staying in with the locals as we arrived quite late at night, so the whole week was spent in a tent in a big hall.
When we arrived the children brought over a deer for us to stroke and some piglets and sheep which was nice.
To help the community we worked on a medical centre where there was an inch thick of dust on the floor and no windows. we have sanded and cemented the walls, painted them, cemented the outside, pickaxed some massive grassy ledge and rebuilt a ledge out of stones and cement, made a path, painted the outside, cleared out the broken glass and fitted a new door. The town president was very impressed with our workj and bought us all a beer at 9 oclock this morning.
I am glad to be back into a main city as i have managed to have a shower and get all my clothes washed, also now i have a bed which is pleasant . Today i have also bought a few peoples presents. We are doing a few acclimatisation treks over the next 3 days then the actual trek starts on saturday and finish on tuesday(my birthday) where wesp spend half a day in aguas calientes and then go up macchu picchu. then we have one more day in cusco then we fly to lima and then back home!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb