Aguas Calientes


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Aguas Calientes
January 17th 2007
Published: January 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We found out the reason for the time change was that our train was not direct, but that we had to take a bus to Ollantaytambo to get on a train. The train he was going to have us take was full. The bus ride was nice as it took us up through the farming fields. The fields were green and looked very fertile. The village of Ollantaytambo, which is in the Sacred Valley, was quaint. It seemed to be the least affected by tourism of all we have been to.
The train was of an older generation but very clean. The tracks followed the Rio Urubanba, which was really roaring. I assume it is high due to it being rainy season. When we pulled into Aguas Calientes we stepped out of the train and almost immediately found our escort to our next hostel, the Nusta Wasi. This hostel is not quite as nice but overall the town is not as nice either. I was just happy the place is clean and the beds relatively comfortable. The town primarily consists of vendor kiosks (shacks) selling tourist junk and restaurants. The rest of the consisted of having lunch, walking around, meeting with tour guide, and having dinner. In meeting with our tour guide, he informed us that sunrise would be cloudy and we would meet for the 6:00 am bus.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb