LIMA


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Callao
March 9th 2015
Published: March 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

MIRAFLORESMIRAFLORESMIRAFLORES

Parque del Amore!!
Its not even 3 years since we were here last and spent a few days so there wasn't a lot we wanted to see. The cruise supplied a shuttle to a local shopping mall, so we then just got a local taxi and went down to Miraflores which is an area in Lima which we love to go and walk along the cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean - there seems to be still a lot of erosion and of course this area is prone to earthquakes - had another great Ceviche lunch and a few beers overlooking the gardens and the ocean, had a lovely 5 klm walk around the Miraflores area - a lot of people were a bit scared as the ship puts the fear of death into you about the increase in robberies etc - but it just seemed like it was normal and we didn't see any trouble, but there are a lot of people on this ship that look like they are on Mogadon and stand out like REAL tourists! Weather was superb for a long walk 26 and a lovely cool breeze.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

MIRAFLORESMIRAFLORES
MIRAFLORES

That restaurant on the ocean!
MIRAFLORESMIRAFLORES
MIRAFLORES

Lots of keen surfers, wave after wave!!
MIRAFLORESMIRAFLORES
MIRAFLORES

View from the 3rd floor of our lunch venue!
MIRAFLORESMIRAFLORES
MIRAFLORES

Lots of statues!
SIESTA LIMA STYLESIESTA LIMA STYLE
SIESTA LIMA STYLE

He was still like this when we came out of the restaurant 2 hrs later!


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb