The Santa Cruz Trek - Day 3


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ancash » Huaraz
February 18th 2007
Published: February 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Shattered from the day before, we began a much easier days trekking. We enjoyed the beautiful scenery around us and had plenty of opportunity for photos! We really felt lucky to witness such spectacular sights!

Having got the runs from drinking the water without purification tablets (which we lost before we set off!!) we both became one with nature - quite literally. When we arrived at camp, Bcx felt very ill, so Dom decided to go for a mini adventure, lasting over an hour, nearly breaking his ankle whilst navigating some fast flowing water!

Having seen a cow cross the “stream” by our camp, Dom decided it would be a fun idea to give it a go too and jumped in. Not only was it freezing, but the currents were really strong, so he didn’t last too long!

We felt so lucky to have had the chance to get to know two Peruvian legends, Jose and Jesus. We chatted for hours at camp, despite the language barriers on both sides. At times, conversations involved English, Spanish and Ketchwan (The language of the Incas). Both Jose and Jesus treated us like royalty and wouldn’t let us help with anything.
"The most beautiful mountain in Peru, maybe the world""The most beautiful mountain in Peru, maybe the world""The most beautiful mountain in Peru, maybe the world"

..... can´t remember the name though!
They really made the trip extra special.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Bex with 2 local childrenBex with 2 local children
Bex with 2 local children

"Caramelo, Caramelo"
Jesus´ Shoes!Jesus´ Shoes!
Jesus´ Shoes!

Jesus walked the whole 48km in these things!!


24th February 2007

some great photos...
...but what I really want to know is: What does guinea pig taste like? chicken?
25th February 2007

Guinea Pig!
Joe, Guinea pig is suculent! ha ha. the one we had was litterally a leg and a claw, minimal meat! But tasty. Looking forward to the real mcoy tommorow, i´m trying to convince bex to let me skin one ourselves!

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb