The gang's all here


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Amazonas
March 16th 2011
Published: March 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This is going to be quick. Steve found us at the Lima airport (we'd never met) and we hung out until about 8:00. Took a taxi to meet Greg's "supplier." Those of you that attend Newhall Church of the Nazarene will be happy to know that this years surprise Christmas gifts have been ordered and will be picked up on our return. We had lunch with Itamar Coronel from the district office at a great Brazilian Churrascaria. Back to Lima airport for more waiting and then finally checked our luggage in for the flight. American Airlines allowed us 3 bags each with a limit of 50 lbs per bag, Star Peru allows you 20 kg (about 44lbs) total. After much pleading from Greg he got the overweight charge down to about $30.00. I don't remember much after arriving at Chiclayo, we had a very nice dinner with Evelio Vasquez, the new President of the Seminary. I fell asleep on his living room chair. Larry arrived this morning and now we are running around packing, repacking, changing money, and running around before our bus trip to Bagua. I'll get some more photos posted in the next couple day (not alot of exciting photos from the airports. We'll be in Bagua, at the edge of the jungle about 8:00 tonight.

Advertisement



16th March 2011

Manual Lopez
Manuel Lopez called here on Tuesday. Emily had to talk to him because I could not speak Spanish well enough. He was asking when you would be arriving and said that he was looking forward to seeing all of you. Hope the bus trip goes well. Glad to hear everyone got to Chiclayo safely. You are in my prayers. Take care and be safe.
17th March 2011

Glad you arrived safely. Take care friend. Yib
18th March 2011

Enjoy the bus ride over the Andes. Please send pictures :).
21st March 2011

How about an update? We would love more details on your amazing and exciting motorcycle ride

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb