Salto Cristal waterfalls


Advertisement
Paraguay's flag
South America » Paraguay » La Colmena
April 7th 2007
Published: April 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

In this area of Paraguay, it is located the famous Salto Cristal waterfalls (70 mts high). You need to do a bit of a hike to reach them because it is just in the middle of a rainforest.

The trip it is worthwhile though as the views are awesome and if it is hot enough you can even swim. When I went there during Easter time, it was a bit chill and I couldnt properly enjoy a swim. I did try though. With one of my friends, we spent like 10 seconds in frozen waters and tried our best to get out of them ASAP.

It is a bit challenging to get to the waterfalls as you need to leave your car, bike or horse (whatever you are using) outside the rainforest where the falls are located. It is better asking local people to show you the way so you dont get lost. They were more than happy to help when we asked them for directions.

With my friends, we spent the night at a neighbouring cattle ranch which was absolutely awesome. The main buildings were built on stone and within the ranch they have three small waterfalls (15 mts high). I cant remember the name of the ranch, but it was something like thorn or fram or something in norvergian as the owners were descendants of Scandinavians inmigrants.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb