Asuncion - Brasilia - Asuncion & how I got nearly mugged....


Advertisement
South America » Paraguay » Asunciòn
March 22nd 2015
Published: March 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

So here I sit in Ciudad del Este, the most eastern town in Paraguay, on the border to Argentina and Brazil, and gateway to the Iguacu Falls, one of the 7 natural wonders in the world. And before I can tell you about them I better update my blog to what has happened the last few weeks……. My last blog entry was about my adventures in the north of Argentina and how I escaped the floods in Mirama... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




22nd March 2015

I guess Carla will have to visit you outside of Brazil...
or would you be allowed to stay in Brazil longer if you got married? Just a thought...
30th March 2015

Sorry for the late reply
Well we try to but the bureaucracy over there is just crazy. But the wheels are in motion.....
22nd March 2015

Mugged
Wow, certainly glad you were not injured and that you were able to keep your pack. Great timing on the part of the military police. They must deal with this rather often. I'm sorry you had to leave Brasil but as you say it is best not to mess up future visits.
30th March 2015

Sorry for the late reply
Well, I heard that they have to deal with it often. Such is life. Regarding me leaving Brasilia I see it from the positive side and I am on the road this great continent. And as you can see on my blog I am having a lot of fun. And thanks to the internet I am in constant contact with my Carla. Not the same but better than nothing. Thanks for following me and hope to hear from you soon.
25th March 2015

International Law - passport
When taking informations days ago about what he faced, I received as answer: "This is NOT A BRAZILIAN LAW OR A EUROPEAN UNION law. This is because reciprocity is not a Brazilian kind of 'revenge', but a principle ruled by something bigger, called INTERNATIONAL LAW. It was because of this International Law that Brazil, even hating, never could expel from national soil the famous English thief Ronald Biggs. Why? Because Brazil and England never had treats concerning deportation of persons. So, every time England asked for the deportation of Biggs, Brazil always said like "England, you never had a treat like this with me. You would never deport a Brazilian criminal to us. So we don't have this obligation. INTERNATIONAL LAW PRINCIPLE". I will write this now on your wall, so that your followers don't have the wrong idea that Brazil is like "the only country in the world which don't allow 90 days more in tupiniquim soil - your country also don't allow to Brazilians. And the reciprocity is automatic according to International Law.

Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb