Class Day 2


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador
May 31st 2012
Published: May 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 4







Today was my second day of class and my first day of taking the bus without help. The bus system becomes easier each day. The bus drivers also get crazier each day. They like to speed, make illegal turns, cut people off, and even drive in the wrong lane. The drivers are no better. And, when they park on the street, one side of the car is completely up on the sidewalk. Even when a dog is crossing the street, they don’t stop. There are a ton of stray dogs here so that’s not a rare occurrence.







In addition to stray dogs, I also saw llamas and cows on my way to school. The llamas were just walking around on the soccer field of a school. The cows were just lying in weeds on the side of the road.







In class we learned about the Millennium Development Goals. We were also given a chance to explore the university more. It is very beautiful with lots of trees, ponds, etc. Hopefully I’ll remember my camera tomorrow so I can take a lot of pictures.







Later that night, we went to my host mom’s brother’s house. We had to wait until 7:30 to go because there is a law that certain cars can only drive at certain times of the day one day a week. Her brother had a beautiful home. He actually lived in Bergen County, New Jersey for a long time. This is where he and his wife decided to raise their kids. After the kids were grown, they lived back and forth in between Ecuador and New Jersey. Now, they are moving to New Jersey full time because they do not like the direction the Ecuadorian government is going in.


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb