Back to the beach fo a bit of tanning..ahem..


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » West » Montañita
May 25th 2007
Published: May 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well this weekend we were supposed to go to Los Frailes - one of the most beautiful unspoilt beaches in Ecuador..unfortunately we had to spend a night in Montañita and well never left..!

As it was a public holiday here, we had the Thursday off work as well! Very exciting. Arrived at Montañita on the Thurs night and went back to our good old hostal again. Went out in search of food and found Tiki´s which became a bit of a haunt for us over the weekend! Pretty much collapsed straight away after though - 9 hours on buses takes it out of me still!

Were up bright and early on Friday and were then joined by Tamsin, Claire and her english bloke, Dave and then Imogen for brekkie! Had a proper crew going on! So after a Tiki brekkie we went off to the beach to try and get some sun in...but unfortunately there was non..instead we sat on the beach making bracelets and swimming in the freezing cold sea! And then by complete coincidence we bumped into Joe Timothy (mate from England) which was a little odd! Weather was actually cold by the time the sun set so we went out and had a lovely Almuerzo for dinner! $1.50 for soup, meal and drink! Excellent. Was only me Soph and Tamsin though as the others went back to Tiki´s! Met them after eating and they were still waiting for their food, so we got a good round in and then the three of us who had almuerzo finished everyone elses food of as it was really very very good and a shame to waste it! Spent the night chilling with Joe and his friends here which was a lot of fun!

Felt excellent on Saturday..wohoo! However was revived by a lovely Tiki´s brekkie and then by the tinsy bit of sun we managed at the beach! We were also joined by Ez and Ben which was really nice as i´ve not seen either of them in ages! Had a proper crew going on! And i´ll quote Kat here as I think it sums up our day quite well!
The waves were a hell of a lot stronger than last time we were here so the surfers were out in force. Dodging surfboards whilst being half-drowned is actually really quite fun!
Fun times! So instead of being killed by surfboards we decided to join them! A lot of fun but I was officially rubbish..I mean seriously rubbish..didn´t stand up once! Mine and Kats new aim for Perú is to be able to learn how to stand up on a surf board! Night time was really nice and we ate at one of the local restaurants that are always the best! Had a few drinks and then pottered off to bed. Very successful day despite terrible weather!

Sunday once again was the trip home. At least we could all sit down this time..ahem..

Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0913s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb