Guyaquil, Ecuador


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » West » Guayaquil
January 9th 2014
Published: January 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

January 6,7,8 - 2014

Travel day from Isla Isabela by speed boat and the usual taxis, transfers etc to the Baltra Island airport through Puerto Ayora and on to Guayaquil.

In hindsight, had we known, a better option would have been to take a small plane directly from Isla Isabel to Baltra. ( no need to revisit Puerta Ayora and a shorter travel day with fewer transfers and no 2 hour speed boat ride )

Arrived safe and sound in Guayaquil for nice dinner and a little rest. We can recommend a great restaurant – The Coracol Azul. Great place a short walk from the Oro Verde Hotel we stayed at. Great Hotel. First Class !

Tuesday we spent in Guayaquil. Took a long walk to the river and the “ Malecon” that follows the riverside. Then up a hill to a lighthouse ( total 500 steps- what were we thinking ?? ) ( 500 more coming down )

This evening we met some good friends for visit to the newer part of Guayaquil and a enjoyed a great dinner. Food in Ecuador is exceptional. A must try is the local ceviche.

Early to bed as we have an early flight to Santiago de Chile tomorrow



Wednesday we travelled to Santiago arriving in the afternoon. We met with old friends who live in Santiago and had a few Pisco Sours and a great , late, dinner and a lot of reminiscing about old times.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb