June 2015 - Way of the Master Outreach


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Cuenca
August 29th 2015
Published: August 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

In June we had Pastor Kevin O'Neil, founder of Calvary Chapel Cuenca, and Pastor Drew McIntyre, Calvary Chapel Alpine, CA come and stay with us.

Pastor Drew taught the Way of the Master (street evangelizing) to all who were interested on the evenings of the 15th to the 17th - the Ecuadorians at the church and the gringos at our house. Then on Saturday the 18th about 20 of us, mostly teens went to Parque de la Madre to hand out tracts and talk to people.

Since I don't speak Spanish very well, I would just walk up to someone, say "Para usted (for you)" and hand them a tract. The Ecuadorian people are so gracious that they rarely say no when something is offered to them. But there was one woman who was fast walking the track around the park who just kept saying no to everyone. Finally she took a tract and made sure that everyone saw it in her hand as she kept moving around the track. It was like "I already have one - don't bother me".

But then Gabi Brito's husband, Diego, went to talk to her and walked along side of her for a trip around the park. By the time they got back he was totally out of breath and she just kept walking.

Pastor Drew stayed for a week, but Pastor Kevin stayed for a month. He went to Troncal, Paute, Loja, Gualaceo and all around Cuenca to visit with old friends and new, doing his puppet ministry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0791s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb