A very sad day for Ecuador


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Cuenca
August 16th 2013
Published: August 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

In out blog about the Amazon and Yasuni National Park we said we thought it would not be long before the Sani lost the battle with big oil. Well it came a lot sooner than we expected. We are sending this link so you can read it for yourselves:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-23722204.

Please take a look at this. Just copy and paste into your browser.

The USA was one of the nations that declined to help keep the oil in the ground and therefore will be complicit in the eventual loss of one of the most bio diverse places on earth. We can only be grateful that we got to see it before it disappears forever.

Ciao....

Advertisement



16th August 2013

It is sad!
Could not paste this web site onto my browser but will search for the article myself.
17th August 2013

Bad day in Ecuador
Sorry to hear that the oil interest won out. Keep up the good work.
19th August 2013

Someone's Day
I heard on the radio that it is someone's birthday. Happy Birthday Katie! You're a wonder.
20th August 2013

someones day
Ya sure you betcha...the radio? Really!!!! Yep...the old girl is 70 and she can still count..
23rd August 2013

Thank You For The Yasuni Website.
Hi Mike and Katy. I have been receiving emails from environmental ngos about oil drilling in Yasuni National Park in Ecuador. This website from BBC sheds more light. The combined governments of the world would not pledge US$3.6 billion over 13 years to save the Yasuni, its people, and the planet from desecration. Only US$13 million was pledged in the past 3 years. Big Oil owns the governments.
23rd August 2013

Yasuni
They own us all in one way or the other...

Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.3kb