Rucu Pichincha #2


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
March 26th 2011
Published: April 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This weekend Maria and I explored a few places in Quito.
For Saturday we just wanted to see the parque arcitecto in the east of Quito. Sounds way easier than it actually was, even though we had a map with us. Who can imagine that the entry is almost outside of the city!?
First we went with the Bus to the closest bus station and wanted to walk the rest of the way approx. 1km.
However the walk appeared to be much longer than we imagined. As it was not shown on the map where exactly the entry is, we assumed it has to be somewhere in the direction to the city. It is not. As we arrived at the park we asked some locals for the entry, but everyone told us wrong stuff. We basically walked around the half park until we finally found the entry.
One good thing, the tours in there are for free and we saw and learned some interesting things. Though we both were not sure if some things were just made up, as some wholes for example did not look special at all and should have some specific purpose.

The next day we got up early to hike/ climb on the Rucu Pichincha. As perfect as it could be, the sky was blue with barely any clouds. So of we went and arrived early with the Teleferico on the plateau where the hike to the Rucu Pichincha begins.
We had a really nice view on the city and though it was for me the 2nd time it is always impressive how large the city is.
We started our hike to the top and of course met some more german people, because we germans are just everywhere!
Nevertheless there was one big surprise during our hike.
We met Felix again! Seems that we are meeting him everywhere and we don't even have to call each other. First on the kathedral in Quito, then in a small restaurant in Otavalo and now again on the Rucu Pichincha. Unfortunately this time he was already on his way down, but still a nice surprise.
When we finally reached the peak we first were happy that we made it and then noticed that we had no view at all, as you can see on the fotos. Still a Ecuadorian group was quite entertaining when they started some dancing.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb