kyle got chased by big cats this week!!!!!


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
May 7th 2006
Published: May 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

so the most exciting thing that happened this week is us getting by without leon! we have been cleaning the cages and such, everything like usual. kyle and greg cleaned out the big cats this week and the not-so-small lion cubs. with the lion cubs, they seemed really confused by what was going on. we tried to put them into an enclosure down at the end of their cage and it was working out fine. The lions are named Moku and Manu. i was distracting them while the guys were in the cage cleaning. moku was doing fine playing with me and a soccer ball but manu started to walk around and jumped up on the concrete part of the cage and realized that he could stick his paws through. shortly after he realized if he jumped a little higher he could fit his head through the gate as well. before i knew it he was pushing his way through and manu ran over and copied him. i yelled to the guys to move and kyle started to run but then turned around to watch and laugh at the lion cubs and then when moku jumped down and kyle ran out of the cage. as soon as greg saw that moku was even trying to get out he raced out of the cage! it was the highlight of my day and i couldn´t stop laughing! the next day they had to clean savannah´s cage. savannah is a puma and she has all of her teeth and claws! she usually just sits and lets us clean and every once in a while she will hiss but this time was different. savannah was a little worked up and she actually charged at the guys and when they used the rake to protect themselves she bit at it. crazy times cleaning the cats!

the next exciting bit of news is that we got a baby coati! she is so gorgeous and full of spunk! she is in a small cage now so we can take care of her. when we brought her out of the baby room to get some sun, the dogs were hanging around and she tried to swipe at them from inside her cage!

see you all in Maine in 12 days!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0753s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb