Last day in Quito!


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
March 7th 2007
Published: March 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We woke up bright and early for another visit to the Embassy this morning. This time, it turned out we were going to the GAP offices in Quito for various stuff. Unfortunately Rossy only speaks Spanish so a lot of it went over my head and the stuff I did get seemed to be aimed at those staying in Quito. Never mind. We had to give in more documents including our passports which are going to be posted (!) down to Cuenca in five days time. Really not happy about that especially after hearing how terrible the postal system is here.

Still, after that I managed to find a book shop were I bought a phrase book and some of the others bought Harry Potter in Spanish. I´m yet to find a real English book shop here and I have already run out of books!

Next we were dropped at the shopping centre where we attempted to buy clothes (which were either hideous or hugely expensive) and suceeded in buying food for the trip tomorrow. We went to a park nearby to have a picnic with everyone. It´s going to be so weird not having everyone around but only seven of the sixteen are off to Cuenca.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb