Back to school


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
February 26th 2007
Published: February 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, back to the grind off school after a fun weekend. Decided to go to the internet cafe early morning and we were just walking out the door when Lorena came to say the school had just rung to ask where we were. Apparently they had decided to change us three from afternoon to morning lessons and just hadn´t bothered to tell us! Very helpful and proof of just how laid-back everone seems to be here (except the bus drivers who are of course intent on killing everyone). Had to run to school and made it there for nine. Only half an hour late and seeing as we are always late I don´t think anyone noticed.

I have a new teacher, Carlos (the idea is to let us get used to different accents by changing teachers every week). He´s very good but seems to find everything I say hilarious. Not too good for my self-esteem!

Back for lunch and realised th up side of morning lessons is having a long afternoon free. Finally managed to get to the cafe and met Matt, Jack and Louisa there and agreed to meet that evening.

We were actually on time to meet the others (almost) only to find they weren´t there. Couldn´t decide whether they´d given up on us or (for once) we weren´t the last ones to arrive whilst the owner of the internet cafe kept trying to persude us to come inside. I don´t think they getvthe idea of just meeting people outside somewhere. They finally turned up and we they walked us to PapayaNet as we still haven´t managed to find it without the help of a taxi. Got there and had cocktails and the most gorgeous hot chocolate cake ever (my blogs always seem to centre around food - strange that!)

Went on to a club where we tried to teach the guys to salsa. Don´t know if it worked that well really as they soon gave up in favour of pool.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0171s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb