Thin air


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Imbabura Volcano
November 22nd 2010
Published: November 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

We hiked to the top of Imbabura which is at 15,190 ft. Pretty intense hike and comin down was even more difficult because we took a different route which was longer. The city of Ibarra is around 7000 feet. We went by truck part way up the mountain and then hiked a couple thousand vert. Probably one of the most exhuasting hikes ive ever done. There is a crater from a volcano but when we got to the top it was to foggy to see.


Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Imbabura peakImbabura peak
Imbabura peak

Josh and brian at 15,190 feet.
ImbaburaImbabura
Imbabura

Home/Hostel that a brother and sister own outside Ibarra. We stayed there and there daughter was our tour guide up the mountain.
ImbaburaImbabura
Imbabura

This was the horse they put me on to head up to where we were gona start hikin. But these two horses hated eachother and wanted to do nothing but fight. They didnt obey at all, I went up the road a ways and he turned around and tried to go after the other horse.
ImbaburaImbabura
Imbabura

This was Joshes horse and when he tryed to get on it , it spun and he dove back and just missed getting a hoof in the face. The sisters thought that was pretty funny.
ImbaburaImbabura
Imbabura

This is Yolanda our tour guide up the mountain.


27th November 2010
Imbabura

That is so cool! I believe you when you say that was a crazy hard hike

Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0836s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb