Cloudforest


Advertisement
Published: July 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bellavista Cloud Forest is a charming place two hours drive from Quito on the Mindo road. Its worth taking the 1 or 2 day all inclusive package as they pick you up from your hotel which is a lot easier than getting the bus to Mindo and then arranging for further transport to the reserve. I took the 2 night 3 day trip and it was recommended by the Rough guide and a few trip reports on the South American Explorers club had said it was great. The reserve comprises 7 square kilometres of mountains, deep gorges, streams, waterfalls clothed in dense cloudforests. There are 20 well marked trails and a guide takes you out twice a day. Some of the trails are challenging but excellent walks and I´d never been to a cloudforest before. There are different types of accomodation I was in the Dome which is a dorm but I had the place to myself for 2 nights. The food was substantial and healthy. The views from the Dome were very impressive and it was nice sitting outside on the balcony in the evening hearing all the birdsong and watching the view.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Trail D Trail D
Trail D

500 meters of ascent it was tough!
Plant Plant
Plant

They call it a Mother in law´s tongue plant


Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb