Ivage Fantastico


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Galápagos
November 10th 2012
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -0.357053, -90.6812

The shipwide wakeup call was at 6:30 am this morning. Breakfast at 7:00 and then we met in the Adventures by Disney meeting place at 7:45. The rest of the ship didn't leave for their excursion until 15 minutes later (another reason to visit the Galapagos on an ABD trip). We went to Bachas Beach on Santa Cruz Island. We walked along the beach on sand for about an hour where we saw Flamingo, marine iguanas, crabs and marine iguanas. Then we snorkeled around the reef and saw many fish including parrot fish.

Once we were back on the ship we had some time to shower before it was the social hour at the Jacuzzi deck. The social hour was immediately followed by lunch.

After a short break, we had a tour of the ship and then some down time.

Our afternoon activity started at 3:45 which was at Port Egas on Santiago Island. The activity today was a 2.5 hour walk on the island where we got to see sea lions, fur lions, pelicans, oystercatchers mocking birds and marine iguanas. It was amazing. We were able to walk right up to all these animals. Getting within feet of the animals. The lava formations that make up this island are also amazing. It was a great afternoon.

Back on the ship to clean up and then off to dinner. I had a grilled seafood salad, onion soup, pork medallions and pecan pie. (One interesting note is that we order our dinner at breakfast so that they can prepare the right amount of food).

After dinner it was off to bed for tomorrow activity.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.307s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0624s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb