Galapagos - Part 1 (too many photos for 1 entry)


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Galápagos » Santa Cruz Island
December 10th 2010
Published: December 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at Hotel Quito (a bit fancy for the likes of us) quite late and still covered in rainforest mud, surprisingly reception weren't that keen to check us in. Once we got keys we headed to rooms that were floors apart with the bellboy (sounds like a demeaning name for a grown man in a suit but I don't know what else to call them) bringing our luggage (aka stinky backpacks). The kids suddenly appeared at our door as when they turned the key to theirs they found a partially clothed man watching questionable material.

Bright and early the next morning we met up with a couple from WA on their honeymoon and our guide who took us to the airport and sent us merrily on our way to Galapagos.

The flight went direct to Baltra with out the expected stopover in Guayaguil (this seems to happen regularly). Baltra is desolate and rocky which was a surprise - not what we expected. We took a bus to a ferry and before we even got to Puerto Ayora to meet the boat we had seen blue-footed boobies, sealions and giant tortoises. Wow!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



22nd December 2010

Merry Xmas Bertrams
We have been enjoying your travel blogs and adventures so far with more to come (what's a blue-footed booby, reminds me of a trip I once went on :]). Just wanted to wish you all a very merry xmas and new year. Looking forward to catching up upon your safe return. xoxo

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb