Darwin Discoveries


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Galápagos » Genovesa Island
November 11th 2012
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 0.317229, -89.9574

Breakfast was a buffet in the dining room as each morning. Then we headed to Genovesa Island. Actually we were anchored inside the caldera of a volcano so we were basically already at the island. We took the zodiac to a cliff wall where we climbed some steps in the cliff wall and climbed to the rim of the volcano. There we saw our first glimpse of boobys. We saw nasca boobies at first and then as we walked along we also got to see red footed boobies. We also saw frigate birds and marine iguanas.

Then it was back to the ship for lunch. After lunch we did our white elephant exchange before getting ready to go to our next shore excursion.

In the afternoon, we went to a beachy area in the caldera called Darwin Bay. There we saw sea lions, more nazca and blue footed boobies and frigate birds. then we had some time to snorkel before heading back to the ship.

After cleaning up, we all headed up to the Jacuzzi area and talked until it was time to go to the wine and cheese reception put on by the Adventures by Disney group. Since this adventure didn't have any children, this is what they do for adults (if there had been children it would have been the junior adventurer's movie night). Then it was time for dinner.

I was not feeling well because of the movement of the ship so I skipped dinner and went to bed. 10 hours of sleep felt very nice.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



13th November 2012

Sounds like you are having a great time ... DARNIT!!! Tee Hee ... kidding ... kinda ... not ... no ... really ... glad you are having a good trip!! (maybe) :)
14th November 2012

Haha....boobies.....
16th November 2012

I cannot believe how close to them you are!

Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0609s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb