Jungle Volunteering Disaster!!


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » East » El Coca
July 2nd 2007
Published: August 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Ok so since everyone will be asking why we are back before our 4 weeks are complete this is why...

Our placement was meant to be teaching children english from a nearby community and helping rehabilitate animals that have been rescued by poachers! The place we went was a tourist lodge which was very resort like so you didnt even feel like you were in the jungle, there were 3 animals in total kept at the lodge that werent sick and the children from the community were on holidays so we couldnt teach english. Our activities included an hour in the mornings starting at 6:30am to clean and feed the 3 animals, then after that we raked leaves all around the lodge and cut the grass with a machette which one would call a fantastic character building experience however i wasnt going to be paying them for the experience so we decided we didnt want to volunteer as free and paying labour for 4 weeks and came back to Quito.

When we got here we organised another Jungle tour so that we actually got to experience it, which we have just returned from and was a lot of fun as well as organised volunteering with distadvantaged children in the south of Quito! So all good now but we are having issues with the organisation that organised the amazon volunteering so i am extremely sick of talking about it so avoid asking me...its for your own good!

Anyway we start volunteering this afternoon which we are really looking forward to but will keep everyone posted!

Mwah mwah!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0661s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb