Baptism of Fire Ecuadorian Style!


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » East » Cosanga
May 28th 2006
Published: June 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

So on Sunday we made a massive detour out of Baños to go back to Ali´s (Hannah´s cousin) Magic Roundabout hostel - reason being to party with the locals. Hannah left on Saturday to go back early so Andrea and me made the journey on our own on Sunday - and what a journey it was! I tell you it is not just Sunday buses in England which are rubbish - lateness, no connections and dodgy roads all add to the nightmare that is Ecuadorian bus travel.

Andrea and me thinking that if we left at 9am we would have plenty of time to arrive - how wrong we were - 8 and a half hours later we turn up to the party a bit more than fashionably late! Climbing up the hill in the dark to the hostel was interesting and boy the party was in full swing when we got there. Not one to mince about we got our beers in immediately and soon realised that these were not required. They have a tradition here that big jugs of rum and coke are made up and then taken round everyone where you are given some to down in one - and it´s rude to say no!!! and so the rest is history - much crazy dancing, far too many rum and cokes later I was partied out - danced so much in bare feet that I ended up with blisters which I discovered the following day!! Eventually made it to be around half 1 - 2 to leave hardcore Canadian Scott as the only gringo left - he was in a bad state by the time he ended up trying to get to bed and ended up pretty much naked (we found his clothes outside the next day!) trying to open and climb in the dorm window!!! Ren had to help him into bed - the wrong bed but nevertheless a bed. Poor Scott but it was all self-inflicted! The next day was spent hangover recovering and vowing never to drink rum again!

The party was a christening party for a 10 month old girl called Genesis and her brother´s Gason´s first communion. Photos will be attached soon.






Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb