Sowing, Reaping, and the Seekers


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Centre
July 18th 2009
Published: July 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Another big day doing what we do. We spent the morning passing out invitations to our gathering in the Las Colinas community of Guaranda. During that process one lady had a life changing experience...just passing out invitations. It did seem all the roads we walked were up hill both ways. Many of the homes had fruit trees in the yards...lemon, orange, fig, and tomato...that´s right tomato trees. Lots of flowers too. We enjoyed a noontime tour of Las Cochas, a resort area and had some corn and cheese for a snack. Following lunch it was back to Las Colinas for fun, games and gospel. There were around 30 commitments that were public. We gave a Bible to the policia who watched over our event. dinner was on the streets...meat on a stick. And there was this one vendor who gladly gave us free samples of their fare...nothing quite like intestine on a stick. It was the best I have ever eaten. It would make Andrew Zimmer proud. We did an event at Plaza Roho with puppets, balloons, the gospel, and Barney. Several seekers were engaged and lots of seeds planted. Even the Policia wanted what we were passing out. Several Bibles were handed out as well. It was a good Friday. Tomorrow we do it all again in another community and add a youth event at the church as well as a thing at Central Park in the evening. Today was Shari´s birthday. We had cake & ice cream tonight. Maybe we can have someone else´s birthday tomorrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb