banos continued


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Centre » Baños
September 1st 2009
Published: September 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

well for somereason only half of y entry got published yesterday so heres the continuation....

....pass you and laugh-becuase its a ridiculous thing to be doing in the heat!
Canyoning was really really fun. After a 45 min trek up a mountainside, in wetsuits that stop your knees or hips from bending, with houses that look impossibly perched there , and you wonder whether the owners ever go down to banos, we got to the river and then proceeded to abseil or slidde down a series of waterfalls up to 35 m tall! It was scary at the top, especially as the plimsolls we were wearing had no grip on the rock, but it was actually easier than it looked.really good fun.. and very pretty little crevasses etc. It was run by a family as far as I could tell, there were certainly women driving the pick uup truck that dropped us off (they were rather fond of Romano the swuss guy) They seemed to be affiliated with the guide in some way, but with people hopping on and off the pickup its actually anyones guess who was who.
Last night despite my amazon aquired bad stomach we went out to eat fondue which I have never had before. We went because one of the Swiss people wanted to go. Its urun by the swiss (why they want to live here I dunno) Its nice but not the best thing for GI upset.. Raclettes good too...
Today i reaqlly wanted to see the volcano smoking so we got up and walked for ages in the heat to look at the wrong mountain! By the time we found the right one it was too late and the clouds were ovver. TYhis is a very much needed rest few hours which is why i have time to write AGAIN. and then we are going to try the naturally heated pools although im not sure it will go well with the sunburn..ITs raining at the momeent so im just going to eat cake for a bit--which banos seems to actually do well which is a surprise here..carrot cake is a firm ffavourite here..
I am SICK of stodgy ecuadorean food though. Looking forward to cooking for my self. It really has about 0 going for it..potatoes and chicken in endless combo, ands if you order something which sounds like it would taste nice you get a strange corrupted version..for instance i thought you cant go far wrong with a crepe and strawberries what I actually got was a cold lump of doughy stuff with extremely sweet jam and curf¿dled syntehtic cream mmmmm...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb