WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES: Human Hamster Trafficking


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Centre » Baños
April 26th 2009
Saved: December 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Ecuador guinea pig eatin'sEcuador guinea pig eatin'sEcuador guinea pig eatin's

here, they just throw these hamsters on the grill
WARNING: THIS BLOG MAY BE DISTURBING TO SOME. IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY IMAGES OF HAMSTERS BEING COMPRIMISED, PLEASE CLOSE THIS BLOG IMMEDIATELY. I DIDN'T MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE, ONLY TO EXPOSE THE REALITY THAT HAMSTERS ARE NOT TREATED EQUALLY THE WORLD OVER. SO PLEASE CLOSE THIS WINDOW RIGHT AWAY FOR YOUR OWN BENEFIT. THANK YOU.



Yes indeed, it is the humans who traffic the hamsters. You see, in Colombia, hamsters are free to choose their own bowl and if you put your money on it, you win! (See the hamster races) But now I must expose the seedy underbelly of Ecuador, and enlighten you to what happens to these adorable hamsters when they are exported south of the border.

An important note, my sister pointed out to me that these aren't hamsters; technically they are guinea pigs. But what is the difference between hamsters and guinea pigs really? I think it's that hamsters are chewier. Although it could be the other way around. Which reminds me, when I was a kid we had a hamster named Porky...or maybe it was a guinea pig. Ah yes, it was. I told my kindergarten class about my guinea pig
The Carefree Hamsters of ColombiaThe Carefree Hamsters of ColombiaThe Carefree Hamsters of Colombia

in Colombia, hamsters live a free and happy life.
named Porky, and they all laughed, including the teacher. I didn't get it. I never got it. Not until just now. What grim foreshadowing for the woeful tale which I must tell!

Please, let me warn you first that this blog is not for the fainthearted. It is indeed a trip into the heart of darkness, perhaps of the whole world, in which you will see what is the most primitive human instinct...I'll not hide it from you any longer! They eat the hamsters!

It's horrible, I know, yet utterly delicious. I had to have a try for myself to see if it truly was as depraved and delectable as you might imagine. Well, it kinda tastes like chicken with a little pork flavor, if I remember correctly. But I digress.

So please, if you care about these adorable hamsters, call us now, at 555-HAMSTER. Oh no, I just realized something else. HAMsters! The horror, the horror! And guinea PIGS. Were these poor animals designed and designated just to be exploited? Why, their name is all over it.

Only you can help. Call now. 555-DELICIOUS. Oops, I mean, that's 555-GUINEAS. Orders come with fries and a soda.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom

Portion at $4Portion at $4
Portion at $4

a pretty good deal I guess with the potatoes and rice...
Hamster RacesHamster Races
Hamster Races

People gather around to divert themselves trying to divine which bowl the hamster will choose.
guinea pigs waiting for the grillguinea pigs waiting for the grill
guinea pigs waiting for the grill

hmmm...maybe I shouldn't be smiling so big here
guinea pig intestinesguinea pig intestines
guinea pig intestines

I guess some people eat this part too.
The hamster has chosen his bowlThe hamster has chosen his bowl
The hamster has chosen his bowl

if you guessed right, you get 5 times your money!
the fate of the hamsterthe fate of the hamster
the fate of the hamster

this hamster chose the wrong bowl, and ended up in my bowl...
Now this is the cutest moose you ever saw...Now this is the cutest moose you ever saw...
Now this is the cutest moose you ever saw...

and this store is right next to the roasting hamsters!


Comments only available on published blogs

31st May 2009

Love it!
Loved this blog and I would have to agree with you that they are truly delicious. Though I think animal protection agencies would have something to say if you tried to do it at home!
23rd September 2009

SICK
THIS HAS TO BE THE MOST HOORABLE THING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY INTER LIFE. YOU PEOPLE ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VERY MEAN I USED TO OWN A GUINEA PIG AND IT RELLY HURTS ME THAT YOU PEPPLE WOULD COOK POOR GUINEA PIGS THESE GUINEA PIGS DON NOT GET TO BE COOKED SO I RELLY THINK YOU SHOULD STOP WHILE YOU ARE AHEAD. ITS WORNG WHEN I SAW THIS PICTURE IT MADE ME CRY SO VERY BAD. I AM 14 YEARS OLD AND THIS SO VERY WORNG THIS IS NOT FARE FOR ANY ONE OR THE POOR GUINE PIGS YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME SICK. STOP COOKING GUINEA PIGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
19th October 2009

THIS IS SICK SH*T!!!!!
This is some sick sh*t. I happen to breed guinea pigs not for eating but for pets. Why would you put those pictures up sicko. I don't mind the races in Colombia as those pigs look happy and healthy but Ecudador talk about a bunch of ignorant jerks. I can't believe leaving comments think this sh*t is OK. I am a total vegetarian so don't try to that crap that Americans eat cows, chickens, and pigs as I don't condone or agree with the eating of any animal.
14th May 2010
The Carefree Hamsters of Colombia

These are guinea pigs not hamsters..
19th June 2010
guinea pigs for sale

HOW COULD YOU!
Y WOULD ANYONE EVER DO THT TO A POOR INOCENT ANIMAL LIKE THAT YOU PEOPLE ARE JACKED UP IF YOU EAT THOOSE THINGS!
23rd June 2010

disgusting people
that is very cruel that you eat gunia pigs what have they ever done to you? i used to have a guneia pig as a pet not to eat looking at these sad, horrible made me cry and even puke the're innosent animals that barely cause any harm so why must there lives be ruined =( :[ =[ :( Miki
10th July 2010
guinea pigs for sale

!!!!!!!!!
This is just sick!I own many guinea pigs and its sad to see them roasted on a platter.This is a sick,cruel practice.Guinea pigs are Gods sweetest animal and you just eat them!They are made for pets not for consumption!
10th July 2010
Hamster fate

!
This is sick!And so arent Hamsters by the way they are guinea pigs.Get your facts straight.
15th July 2010
guinea pigs for sale

U STINK!!!!!!
YOU ARE SO STUPID TO EVER KILL ANY LIVING ANIMAL EXCEPT BUGS AND SPIDERS!!! YOU SHOULD BE THROWN IN JAIL!!! SHAME ON YOU!:(
24th July 2010

u people are sick
23rd August 2010
Ecuador guinea pig eatin's

Evil!
I cannot believe you would cook guinnea pigs i have 2 and this is very disturbing to see >:(
24th August 2010

Get over it
It's creepy to am American but i'm sure even some non meat stuff we eat might be creepy or odd to them. Get over it and stop fearing the unknown. Oh by the way ms vegeterian. Did you know plants scream when you cut them??? And bleed? Ever see the sap out of a broken stem? So, hush up about cruelty! No fur, no feelings? I think not. People are way too hung up on what is "normal". Thanks for sharing this if you ever check this blog. I noted it's quite old. Very interesting.
8th September 2010
even more hamsters!

i think...
i think this is sad we have guinea pigs as pets not too eat i feel sick when i see that horrible!! just sick!
11th September 2010
guinea pigs for sale

I really appreciate you putting this on for sale while i am looking for an animal with my daughter and we come across this unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15th September 2010
guinea pigs for sale

this is very wrong for guinea pigs
11th October 2010

How would you like to pick your bowl before someone ate you? Guinea pigs are very aware of their surroundings and people. They thrive on socializing with people and other animals. The horror they must experience while being killed. There's so much abuse that goes on all over the world with all animals. And it's proven by the US Fed govt that people who kill animals have major mental problems.
17th October 2010
Ecuador guinea pig eatin's

ugh
how cruel. why the heck would you do thatto a cute animal. you all should be ashamed of tour selves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
29th October 2010
guinea pigs for sale

FOR GOODNESS SAKES!
I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT SOMEONE WOULD DO SUCH A THING! SEVEN OF MY BEST FRIENDS FOUND THIS INSULTING NINE FOUND IT "YUCKY" AND SEVENTEEN FOUND IT COMPLETELY REVOLTING! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES! GOODBYE FROM OLIVIA.M P.S. THIS EMAIL IS IN CAPITALS FOR A REASON!
11th November 2010
even more hamsters!

WTF???
what is wrong with people?! i am disgusted! this is so nasty and disturbing that i got sick. holy s*** why would you do this to these creatures? and btw they are guinea pigs not hamsters you dumb a**!!!
9th December 2010
The Carefree Hamsters of Colombia

Srry?
Euuh... exuse my this is the guneapig?
17th December 2010
Ecuador guinea pig eatin's

jaja
hey maybe u ate them too, jajajaj how was it??? good
19th January 2011
guinea pigs for sale

you
you are sick whi would kill them you or your compley will go to hell i do not care if tghey eat them but you are sick.
28th January 2011
even more hamsters!

ngjfghtrfhbtfygcfyhbftghbtgghghbghb
that is just grose
28th January 2011
guinea pigs for sale

thats sad
you know my friend is here and she dose not want to see such a sad thing so dont show it
3rd February 2011
The Carefree Hamsters of Colombia

Cute...
... Except those are guinea pigs, not hamsters. There's kind of a huge difference. :)
4th February 2011
guinea pigs for sale

you suck ginea pigs are awesome
26th February 2011

Sigh
Those aren't hamsters -_- Guinea pigs and hamsters are different species.
8th March 2011
guinea pigs for sale

coolness
this is effin funny!-Lady Gaga
30th March 2011
Ecuador, que barbaridad!

They just eat it like we eat chicken or cows or sheeps, litlle sheeps, little pigs, little chickens, en so on. So we are just the same. It's just another culture. They are not bad because they eat guney pigs, they are most of the time just hungry...
31st March 2011
Ecuador guinea pig eatin's

gross
who would do that to such cute and nice little creatures??? Those jerks
31st March 2011
The Carefree Hamsters of Colombia

they are so cute all packed together
4th April 2011

Sicckk
OMG.. this is proper sick like why would anyone put pictures like that on here. i have a pet guinea pig so i can say that it is sick and people say its nature no its not yeh i mean we eat pigs and cows but we dont put sicko pics of it on a website your discusting man uggh !!!
26th September 2011
guinea pigs for sale

I have 3 and they are so cute, when they see me in the morning they look so happy and they sqeek for food, i protect them so much and they know i will always be with them. one of them just had a surgery and my mom paid $250 dollars so ecuadorian people don\'t get closed to my little pearls.
19th November 2011

Hi
Okay so if people are so disgusted by these pictures, get off this blog. I love to eat guinea pigs! haha I'm Ecuadorian and was raised in Ecuador so that's all natural to me, like its natural for you guys to eat chickens. You know I don't see why any of you guys are in school, if you are, if you can't respect one's culture. Kind of sad. :)
23rd November 2011

Good Thoughts
Yes, I didn't really mean to cause so much controversy here. In different parts of the world, people eat different things. If you eat pigs, that's disgusting to Muslims and Hebrews. If you eat cows, that's horrible for Hindus. If you eat any animals that's terrible to some Buddhists and many vegetarians. Anyway I'm putting a disclaimer on this blog that it's graphic!
12th March 2012
guinea pigs for sale

These people are cruel and disgusting they will do anything and eat anything, My daughterhas one for a pet and she was upset and could not believe it. They just are people with no heart and no education.
18th April 2013
guinea pigs for sale

Judge not...
Don't be so quick to judge. Do you eat meat? If so, cows, pigs, and chickens are amazing animals as well, but you think it's ok to eat them. So unless you're a vegetarian...
21st August 2012

WHAT THE HECK!?!?
They r eating hamster pus guinea pigs!? that is discusting and totally injustified!yeaah,whereever these ppl come from there is something wrong with them! "Doctor...uh,do you want to know what is wrong with the pacient?" "Yes.What?This is a mental hospital you know....is he crazy?" "Must be.He was sent here by his family because.......he EATS HAMSTERS!!!!!" Mr.Doctor faints.THANX A LOT HAMSTER-EATING-PPL!!!!!!
18th April 2013

Different cultures
People are accustomed to eating different things in different cultures. We should try to be more accepting of other cultures.
21st August 2012
the fate of the hamster

.....!? !@#$%^&*(
....!? !@#$%^&*(
23rd September 2012
even more hamsters!

wow
this is pic is excelent to show how it s normal for then having grilled guinea pigs for lunch,just as grilled chicken... it can take i while for me to get used to this

Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 128; dbt: 0.1262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb