Colombia


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia
December 7th 2009
Published: December 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
This is Colombia - 9 short videos above, just hit play. 65 pictures below, they're worth it.

Logistics - Arrived in Cartagena, then Santa Marta, then Tayrona National Park all on Caribbean side. Then bus down to Buccamarenga, then to Ville de Leyva, then Bogota, then to Salento, then to Medellin.




Additional photos below
Photos: 65, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

CartagenaCartagena
Cartagena

Beautiful city on the Caribbean coast.
On the way to Santa MartaOn the way to Santa Marta
On the way to Santa Marta

People are always selling stuff...everything and everywhere. Or juggling things at traffic stops, like sticks dipped in gasoline and lit on fire. Check this dudes hat though.
TayronaTayrona
Tayrona

Beautiful jungle/beach preserve on the Caribbean coast. As you can see, Claire is on a horse.
On the way to Ville de LeyvaOn the way to Ville de Leyva
On the way to Ville de Leyva

Student that helped us catch a bus.
On the way to Ville de LeyvaOn the way to Ville de Leyva
On the way to Ville de Leyva

This is the classic situation on buses. Kids just love turning around and staring at us.
Ville de LeyvaVille de Leyva
Ville de Leyva

Most beautiful colonial town in Colombia for us. We are in LOVE with this place and I suspect be coming back many times in the future.
Ville de LeyvaVille de Leyva
Ville de Leyva

I hiked my own way up a mountainside and found a couple of these fresh guys along the way...actually saw a dog or something move in the brush as I approached this one. Nice to know I wasn't alone!
Ville de LeyvaVille de Leyva
Ville de Leyva

View from the top of a hike I did every day. Seriously, this is a very magical place.
Ville de LeyvaVille de Leyva
Ville de Leyva

Wine and cheese at the top one evening.
Ville de LeyvaVille de Leyva
Ville de Leyva

The supplies.


7th December 2009

Gorgeous!
I can't wait to get to Columbia one day, it looks amazing... So does your beard, by the way, I'm loving it. Enjoy the rest of the trip!
7th December 2009

Latest Blog
Amazing videos. You both are soooo brave. Those are hairy legs, Ryan. Pictures are so beautiful. It looks like so much fun.
8th December 2009

Columbia
Beautiful pictures! Love the food and wine pics!
10th December 2009

Awesome
Happy Belated Birthdays to both of you! I bet they will be one unforgettable BD. 4 degrees outside today with 6 inches of snow. Bet you can hardly wait to return..by the way, are you guys ever coming back?
12th December 2009

Looks great!!
12th December 2009

How many...
How many bottles of wine has that Swiss army knife opened? How many pieces of cheese has it cut?

Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb