Taganga, Colombia


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Taganga
August 2nd 2011
Published: August 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

On the plane to Colombia!On the plane to Colombia!On the plane to Colombia!

Toronto to Houston to Bogota to Santa Marta....
Finally another vacation! It had been a long time coming!
Rich and I left Toronto in the afternoon on Aug 1st, and started our Colombian adventure. But first we had to change planes in Houston, and then again in Bogota, to reach our destination on Santa Marta on Colombia's Caribbean coast.
After hearing reports that Santa Marta is a "hole" we decided to spend our first night in the fishing village of Taganga, just north of Santa Marta. Taganga is an up and coming backpacker destination. Its quickly filling with hostals, and had become a favourite destination for Israeli service men and women on leave. It has a decent beach, 2/3 of which is filled with small, colourful fishing boats. The other 1/3 is beach for tourists. We stayed at Casa Holanda, which was a nice little hostal off the main road and a good spot to spend our first night. We watched the sunset over the beach with Colombian beer called "Aguila" which was very refreshing in the tropical heat and humidity.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

TagangaTaganga
Taganga

This is what most of the roads look like in the town. Aside from the beachfront street, Taganga's roads are not in the best condition!
Colombia 020Colombia 020
Colombia 020

Another shot of Taganga's roads... This is what most of the roads look like in the town. Aside from the beachfront street, Taganga's roads are not in the best condition!
ChurchChurch
Church

not sure of its name!
Casa HolandaCasa Holanda
Casa Holanda

This is where we stayed day 1
Someones home?Someones home?
Someones home?

A tent in a tree along Taganga's beachfront!


2nd October 2012
Colombia 015

perfect^.^
2nd October 2012
Colombia 015

perfect^.^
2nd October 2012
Colombia 017

sooooooo nice!!!
2nd October 2012
Colombia 017

sooooooo nice!!!
2nd October 2012
Taganga sunset!

like x100000000!!^^

Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 26; qc: 126; dbt: 0.1093s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb