Taganga


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Santa Marta » Taganga
September 5th 2011
Published: September 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I had high hopes for Taganga as i had read and heard really good things about it from people i had met. I did really like it, its this cute little sunny fshing village full of backpackers on te varibbean coast but i didnt think it was as amazing as people had said. It had a really good vibe as Reggae music literally courses through the whole place and everyone seems really chilled out and relaxed the whole time. The nightlife was really good on the weekend, we went to a bar overlooking the bay and it was really nice to dance and drink outside looking out over the ocean with the stars all around us. I loved all the salsa music that is played throughout the bars and clubs and the locals salsa dancing with such energy and rhythm it makes you want to have salsa dancng lessons immediatly! We also went to another club which seems like its out of ´The Secret Garden´, all hidden corners and forrestry!The main beach itself wasnt up to much as its mainly used to moor boats which transport tourists to Playa Blanca which is the nicer beach along the bay. Playa Blanca was a really nice beach but we went on a sunday so it was literally full to the rafters with locals and tourists. We struggled to find somewhere to put out our towels and it was just all really crowded and not the most relaxing place to sunbathe. I realy liked Taganga but it ddnt really live up to all my expectations maybe because it was low season or that the second half of our stay was durng the week.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb