Fishing Village on Holiday


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Santa Marta » Taganga
July 2nd 2007
Published: July 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We managed to find our way to Taganga, a small fishing viallage that is taken over by holidaymakers and tourists. Rather like when we lived in Taupo, you left home during the holiday season because it went crazy.

Our transport included a taxi to the bus station, the taxi driver had no idea what our Spanish meant and he finally figured out our hand gestures and the odd word in the dictionary. We then managed to find a bus to Santa Marta, we passed alot of low lying homes with water everywhere - possibly from the down pour we had the night before, I hope no homes were flooded. There were mangrove swamps and mixed jungle farms and some cattle farms. We again got to the right destination and found our next transport, a collectivo to the village of Taganga. The town was very full with holidaymakers on the beach and swimming in the sea that was flat as.Beautiful fishing boats tied up to shore that had thatched huts along the beach that were restaurants. Lots of roadside vendors selling fruit juices and fruit salads and empanadas and other goods.

I bought a fruit juice from a lady who had a parrot that talked. It said Hola and curacacou? (?) which is a hot chocolate drinks and then when I laughed it laughed and laughed. It could nearly say more words than me.

We had more fun with transport getting to Tayrona Park. This is a large park beside the sea and has natural native flora and fauna right down to the beaches. It was very hot and sunny and we sunbathed and swam. We had to walk through coconut palms and forest to get to the beach. We saw leaf cutter ants, centipedes, butterflies and the heard the most bird song that we've heard in all of south America. We had an exhausting day at the beach and then more transport fun to return to Taganga. A lady on the bus had a washing machine as her hand luggage.


Advertisement



20th July 2007

Don't worry about the spelling or putting any one to sleep just wonderful to keep up with your travels and know you are having such a great time. All's well in "lilttle ol Yroa"Take care

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0949s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb