Tyrona National Park


Advertisement
Published: November 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tyrona National ParkTyrona National ParkTyrona National Park

At the entrance of the park
Woke up early on Tues 28th October 8.00 AM and still managed to miss the 11.00 boat to the Tyrona National Park. So we had to get a taxi to the enterance of the park with a Colombian taxi driver called Elvis, pay the entrance fee and get all our bags searched, then hike for 2 hours with all our stuff to get to the beach. It was amazing though we trekked through a jungle and then got to the beach which is absolutely spectacular and is just surrounded by Jungle. It took us about 1 hour and fifteen minutes to get to the first beach (Arriciba), then we had to trek a further 45 minutes through sea water and jungle to get to the beach we wanted to get to which was called Cabo San Juan. Our shoes got absolutely drenched.
The next morning we got up quite early and went for a small walk through the jungle to find another small beach which was quite cool. As we walked through the jungle we saw these massive crabs which lived in holes by the side of the tree trunks and we saw massive trails of ants carrying leaves to where ever they were heading. We got back to our beach and met Grata from Mexico who told us about this trek to a place called Pueblito which apparently had some ancient ruins. So in true Nick and Boucs style we done this 1 and a half hour trek through jungle, caves and massive rocks in flip flops and bare footed as our walking boots were still hung up to dry! We got to the ruins, it was OK but nothing spectacular, however the trek there was really good. Got back to our beach and went for a little walk around the camp site and saw loads of massive frogs and more crabs.
This is a really cool place and at night you sleep in hammocks which was quite interesting.
After a couple of nights here we managed to haggle with a boat driver and get him down to 20,000 pesos each to take us back to Taganga by boat. This boat ride was only about an hour and saved us treking 2 hours back to the entrance then catching a bus from there which would have taken us a further 2 hours!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Tyrona National ParkTyrona National Park
Tyrona National Park

Cabo San Juan Beach


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb