Stuck in paradise, part 1 - Capurganá


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Choco
March 1st 2017
Published: May 19th 2017
Edit Blog Post

No cars. Only electricity in the evening. A small fishing village turned into low profile holiday village. Island feeling because there is no road access, only ultra small planes depart from the small strip in the middle of the village, and of course if the weather allows a lot of small boat activities.From Baranquilla to Capurgana took us two days by bus, van and speedboat. In Capurgana we just wanted to spend a few days on the beach and get our exit stamp to make our move to Panama. But a storm somewhere far away above the ocean pushed huge waves our way and made all water transport impossible. For us that was absolutely no problem and we just spent another few days at the beaches and on the veranda of our nice hostel looking out over the waves smashing the shore. At the third attempt, after the fifth night, we were successful and we were allowed to board quite a small boat and with 6 others steered into the direction of Puerto Obaldia, just around the corner, Panama. Although the waves were rather big nobody got sick, just a bit wet and the captain safely brought us to Puerto Obaldia, where we expected to get an entry stamp for Panama and hop into another boat directly to the San Blas Islands.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb