Explosions of Colour, Music and Dance everywhere


Advertisement
South America » Colombia » Cartagena
March 18th 2016
Published: March 19th 2016
Edit Blog Post

(p2) Our Spanish was slowly progressing, we already knew a few words and phrases that we had boosted in Mexico. But during our 3 weeks in the school here we started to get our head around the grammar, mainly in present tense touching on the confusing past tenses in our last week. Whilst this was really beneficial, in hindsight due to varying levels in the class we wish we would have just booked in... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 59, Displayed: 21


Advertisement


















19th March 2016

When the party's over
Nah...never over unless you want it to be.
20th March 2016

When the party is over
Very true. We certainly partied well here!
19th March 2016
20151108_204058

Wow
An absolute incredible blog guys, really captured an incredible time and the photos are the best we have ever seen in a blog. I know you both went through a bit of hell but it sounds like you had the time of your lives, keep travelling well and keep telling us about it.
20th March 2016
20151108_204058

Wow
Thank you for such a lovely comment. We had an incredible time here. We're glad you enjoyed the read too.
20th March 2016
Pageant queen entertaining the crowds

Brilliant Cartagena!
What a perfect place to spend a month learning Spanish and enjoying two grand fiestas (fabulous photos)! Glad to hear the mud baths were worth it (I guess I'll try it). I'd thought the arepa (corn meal and cheese) were going to be a veggies' delight, but I guess one can get tired of them--that vegan meal looked great! So sorry P was ill and also that she had to deal with that angry street seller--sometimes, I've taken the food as prepared and found an appreciative street dog to relieve me of the burger. Regarding the pageants--too bad about the girls getting the implants to appeal to foreigners--sometimes in a poor country, she's the ticket for the whole family getting by, a witness to how deep is the poverty. But for a tourist and many Colombians, it seems such a wonderful country. Glad you could tell the world about this.
20th March 2016
Pageant queen entertaining the crowds

Brilliant Cartagena
It was the perfect place to recharge, try and learn the language while soaking in the country. Yes the poverty must run deep, I can't imagine given this and the turbulent history why everyone was soo happy and welcoming. A testiment to this amazing place. I did try the arepas for the first week but they were a little cheese heavy and so I found it hard to eat too many. Saying that could not eat fish too much after here either. The vegan place was perfect, the food very good (called Los girasoles). Like you, we also seemed to made a few dog friends here feeding them water. They was always so friendly often walking us home.
20th March 2016

Those evil mosquitoes!
Sorry to hear about your illness P...hope you have made a full recovery and won't have anything to worry about at your check-up back home. You guys have made Colombia a serious consideration for us (we thought about it a few years ago, but can't remember why it fell out of favour), it might be time to re-assess our list. Fabulous photos as usual!
20th March 2016

Evil
They are evil little things mosquitoes, haven't seen any long lasting side-effects apart from getting raised rashes any tine I itch. Looking forward to a health check up either way.
20th March 2016

Start writing your book
Hope your health continues on the up swing. Sounds dreadful to be sick twice in a short period of time. You are great story tellers. The ability to be informational, humorous and make us want to follow in your footsteps. Thanks again. Fantastic photos.
20th March 2016

Start writing your book
Thank you; that means a lot. Whenever we re-read them they always evoke emotions based on our experiences like horror when we were on the great wall or anticipation when arriving in a new place like Colombia as it takes us back to that place and time. Its great to hear they offer something other than being informative for our readers too. We both cannot believe we still have your interest!
5th April 2016
That yellow ball in the sky

haha
that's not a ball that's the moon.

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb