Caribbean Cruise - Fourth stop: Colombia


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Cartagena
March 13th 2011
Published: December 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we were up very early again and after a good breakfast we were ready to go. The ship would reach our next destination soon, so we had some time to prepare. Colombia was, at least for us, the highlight of the journey. We were planning to see the whole innercity and lot of culture. Soon afterwards we were able to see the skyline of Cartagena in the distance. What a view: The deep blue water and the shining white buildings of the city. The weather was very good this day and we were eager to discover the city.

The first stop on our tour was the Casa Roman, the house of one of the richest and most influential families of Cartagena. It was very beautiful. Built in a moorish-arabic style, it was very cool inside. We were very lucky that we had the chance to see all the rooms and we received a lot of additional information about the house itself and the family which it belongs to.

We passed the Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas and later visited the house of one of the former presidents of Colombia. Then we stopped at the Bovedas, it used to be a military building but today it houses little souvenirstores. When we had spent enough money we headed to the old inner city. We had plenty of time to walk around, go into stores and we also visited the Heredia theatre. In the evening the bus brought us back to our ship and when the sun started to set, we left the harbour. That was our luck, because now we were able to see one of the most beautiful sunsets which we have ever seen. Later we enjoyed a great theatre show on bord and went to bed early again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb